The EDX-7000/8000 series of energy dispersive X-ray fluorescence spectrometers, incorporating a new high-performance semiconductor detector, provide excellent sensitivity, resolution, and throughput for an array of applications, from general screening analysis to advanced materials research in such fields as petrochemicals, chemicals, agriculture, and environmental.
No Liquid Nitrogen Required
The high-performance, electronically cooled SDD detector reduces operating costs and maintenance requirements.
Five Primary Filters & Four Collimators
Usable in any combination, the filters enables highly sensitive analysis of trace elements while the four different sized collimators reduce scattering with small samples or isolation of measurement area.
Large Sample Chamber with Small Footprint
Accommodates samples up to a maximum size of W300 × D275 × approx. H100 mm.
The high fluorescent X-ray count per unit time (high count rate) of the SDD detector permits highly precise analysis in a shorter time.
Sample Observation Camera
Working in tandem with the collimators, the camera enables precise sample positioning while also providing a scale for judging appropriate collimator size. Photos are also automatically integrated into sample reports.
Easy-to-Use Operating Software
Shimadzu’s EDX-7000/8000 spectrometers use PCEDX Navi operating software. Featuring a simple but refined user interface, the software offers intuitive operation, easy instrument initialization and startup, and a variety of report formats, which makes the systems easy to use for operators of all skill levels, from beginner to expert. PCEDX-Pro software is also available to support more advanced research functions.
Supports Various Applications in Many Fields
- Electrical/electronic materials
- RoHS and halogen screening
- Thin-film analysis for semiconductors, discs, liquid crystals, and solar cells
- Automobiles and machinery
- ELV hazardous element screening
- Composition analysis, plating thickness measurement, and chemical conversion coating film weight measurement for machine parts
- Ferrous/non-ferrous metals
- Main component analysis and impurity analysis of raw materials, alloys, solder, and precious metals
- Composition analysis of slag
- Grade analysis for mineral processing
- Analysis of ceramics, cement, glass, bricks, and clay
- Oil and petrochemicals
- Analysis of sulfur in oil
- Analysis of additive elements and mixed elements in lubricating oil
- Analysis of products and organic/inorganic raw materials
- Analysis of catalysts, pigments, paints, rubber, and plastics
- Analysis of soil, effluent, combustion ash, filters, and fine particulate matter
- Analysis of residual catalyst during synthesis
- Analysis of impurities and foreign matter in active pharmaceutical ingredients
- Agriculture and foods
- Analysis of soil, fertilizer, and plants
- Analysis of raw ingredients, control of added elements, and analysis of foreign matter in foods
- Composition analysis of archeological samples and precious stones, analysis of toxic heavy metals in toys and everyday goods